THE ARAPAHOE HUNT CROSS-COUNTRY PACE
COLORADO HORSE PARK, PARKER, COLORADO
Saturday September 23, 2017
Opening Date: August 21, 2017 Closing Date: Sept. 9, 2017
Organizers: Greg and Patty Young -303-681-2072
The pace will run over approximately 2 miles with about 17 fences.
Division A: (2’11”) must jump at pace of 400 mpm.
Division B: (2’7”) must jump at pace of 350 mpm.
Division C: (2’3”) fences are optional at pace of 250 mpm.
ENTRIES: $60 per horse. To enter, please send entry forms to Secretary Carole Kenney, postmarked no later than September 9, 2017. TELEPHONE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. YOU MAY ENTER ONLINE AT WWW.ARAPAHOEHUNT.COM (preferred) AND PAY ONLINE VIA PAYPAL (through the hunt website). Make checks payable to: The Arapahoe Hunt. Identify all teammates on check. Mail entries and checks to Carole Kenney, 213 Birch Ave., Castle Rock, CO 80104. Email entries to email@example.com. Division starting times will be posted online the week of September 18 and emailed to your captain or specified alternate contact.
PRIZES: Championship prizes and ribbons awarded through sixth place in Divisions A, B and C at the end of each division. Prizes given for best costumes in each division.
BIOSECURITY AT COLORADO HORSE PARK-required:Negative Coggins test within 1 year;vaccine records of EHV ¼ administered within 6 months; health certificate within 10 days. Temporary health evaluation can be done in trailer on site, day of event for small fee. See www.arapahoehunt.com/events for full information.
REFRESHMENTS: Available for purchase on grounds on Saturday, September 23.
STABLING: Available; contact firstname.lastname@example.org; 303-841-5550 x 122
COURSE WALK: Friday, September 22. 12-6 PM; Saturday until 8:30 AM. Maps available on site.
- Teams may have 1-4 riders. No horse may compete on more than one team.
- Competitors must jump fences in numerical order with red flags on right and white flags on left. C Division riders must pass through orange flags. No penalties for falls, refusals, or runouts. Teams start at two minute intervals and must yield to riders overtaking them on course or risk elimination.
- Time for each team begins when first horse crosses the start line and ends when last horse crosses the finish line. Pinney numbers must be visible when mounted.
- No timing or measuring equipment allowed on course or course walk.
- Teams closest to optimum time (+ or -) in each division will be winners.
- Dress: Hard hats with chinstraps. Boots with heel. Costumes or eventing attire.
- Mounted horses must wear saddle and bridle at all times on competition grounds.
- Mounted competitors may enter the warm up area 15 minutes before their ride time and must leave the warm up area promptly when they finish the course.
- Protests must be lodged within 15 minutes of posting of results.
- No barbecues or open fires. Dogs must be on leash.
- No motorized vehicles on course.
DIRECTIONS Colorado Horse Park show grounds, 7375 E. Bayou Gulch Road, Parker, CO 80134. Take Colorado 83 S. Parker Road to E. Bayou Gulch Road traffic light; turn east and follow Bayou Gulch Road to pace parking lot . www.coloradohorsepark.com. 303-910-9410